This week, Christie, Diana, and Sam get together to talk about the differences between therapy and coaching, outlining what each offers and who might benefit from them. For the latter half of the episode (starts at 15:00), Sam sits down with Catherine Kim, LMHC to discuss the challenges of straddling two different cultures as an APISA-identified individual and how to navigate these multiple senses of identity.
Catherine Kim (she/her), LMHC, specializes in supporting individuals who are experiencing cultural conflicts, identity issues, relationship problems, anxiety, and depression. She is especially dedicated to challenging the stigmas that often surround mental health in Asian cultures, with the goal of encouraging more individuals in the AAPI community to prioritize their well-being and pursue a healthier life.
Connect with Catherine:
- Phone: 646-481-3124
Curious to learn more about coaching? Hear from coaches themselves in our recent episodes:
- CBD/Cannabis for Anxiety & Depression with Amy Chin (released 5/31/23)
- Challenging Imposter Syndrome with Angela Kerrigan (11/16/22)
- Financial Anxiety, Scarcity, & Enoughness with Lindsay Bryan-Podvin (10/26/22)
- The Art of Authentic Dating with Samuel Shin (9/28/22)
- Taking Asian Women Seriously with Sheena Yap Chan (9/14/22)
- Surviving Burnout & Stepping Off the Corporate Ladder with Annalyn Cruz (8/31/22)
- Failing My Way Forward and Embracing Career Changes with Cynthia Pong (8/17/22)
- How to Succeed as an International Student with Dr. Vivi (1/12/22)
Bridges Mental Health is a stigma-free hub for Asians, Pacific Islanders, and South Asian Americans (APISA) to discuss, navigate, and seek mental health care.
Find a Therapist.
Join our Clinician Community.