This week, Sam, Diana & Christie reflect upon the anniversary of the Atlanta spa shootings as well as the increased anti-Asian sentiment and reported hate crimes over the past couple of years. They discuss safety, collective trauma and loss as well as personal experiences of harassment within and beyond NYC. Along with sharing their ongoing work to cope in both personal and professional spaces, they discuss creating space for joy, rest, and community healing.
Resources for the community (This is in no way comprehensive, so if you’d like to bring more awareness about a healing offering please reach out to us!):
- New York’s Asian American Federation (AAF) – Free Empowerment Self Defense Workshops
- STB Safety (self-defense classes)
- @nycpochealingcircle (Reiki for BIPOC communities)
- The Cosmos (community rest and care for AAPI womxn)
- Soar Over Hate (resources & therapy)
- Stop AAPI Hate
- Hollaback! (bystander intervention training & resources)
- Modern Health Healing Circles
- Meals for Unity (addressing food insecurity for AAPI elderly in Chinatown)
- @tcbua (Chinatown subway support)
Listen to a sneak peek below, and find the full episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts & more!